Before anyone in an influential position of leadership, asks himself, if what he seeks, is RIGHT, and why he believes it is, and how to be more sure, he must be ready, willing, and able, to consider what’s been, is, and what he wants, to be, and why! Are his motives just, and justified, such as providing quality service and representation, and making changes, for the better, in order to make a quality difference for the organization, and constituents? Will he focus on maintaining the heritage and mission, of the organization, by gathering an historical perspective, and knowing, how to modify, adjust, and bring these concepts, into, both the present, and the future? Is he fit to be a leader, not based on his rhetoric and promises, but, rather on his ideas, ideals, hopes, aspirations, efforts, judgment, etc? With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly analyze, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, why this matters.
1. Relevant; righteous; respect; resolve: No matter how busy, one looks or appears, unless/ until he provides relevant ideas and processes, he isn’t leading! His approach must be righteous, without behaving, self – righteous! He must earn respect, by his actions and ideas, instead of empty promises, etc. A true leader possesses the inherent, resolve, to proceed, with endurance and focus, when others, fail to do so!
2. Integrity; ideas; imagination; issues: Everything must begin with maintaining absolute integrity, especially when that might be challenging! One must proceed, with a relevant, well – developed, imagination, and introduce the ideas, to address, the issues, of the day, and the future!
3. Generate goodwill; good; growth; greatness: Groups must consistently undergo growth, if they are to remain relevant and sustainable, but only, when a leader, is capable of generating goodwill, because he prioritizes good, over evil, will he possess the greatness, of a great leader!
4. Healing; head/ heart: Great leaders are healing ones, because, they focus on the common good, and representing all factions of their organization. This means it’s necessary to proceed, with the best qualities of one’s emotional and logical components, in a head/ heart balance!
5. Timely; trustworthy/ trust; together: There are always challenges, which organizations and their leaders, confront! They are best served, when the focus, is on bringing constituents together, rather than using an adversarial approach. In order to be successful, a leader must be trustworthy, and demonstrate, he deserves and earned the trust! When actions are called for, he must proceed, in a well – considered, timely manner!
If you hope to become a leader, are you willing to consider, if your reasons and reasoning, are RIGHT? Are you the best person, for the position?